Mental Health First Aid (Virtual) [SOLD OUT]
Created by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
Talk about declines in their mental well-being
Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
Reach out to these supports
Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Module 1: Self-Directed Online Learning
Module 2 + 3: Live Streamed Virtual Classroom
Module 1: Self-Directed
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to MHFA actions
Module 2: Virtual Classroom
- Practice applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
- Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
Module 3 Virtual Classroom
- Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
- Practice using MHFA actions in crisis situations
Please email email@example.com for assistance with group registrations, or if you wish to use an alternative payment method. Group discounts and student discounts are available on a case-by-case basis.
NOTE: This course involves a significant amount of group work. If you are apprehensive about the idea of group work due to social anxiety or any other concern, please notify us. We would be happy to accommodate you as best we can.