Supporting People With Addictions (Saskatoon)
- Identifying problematic substance use.
- Determining the impact of self-stigma / stigma.
- Measuring recovery progress / symptom improvement.
- How to explain addiction in non-judgmental, simple terms.
- The link between trauma histories and addiction.
- The physiology of addiction.
- Essential qualities of effective interventions for addiction.
- Externalizing the addiction to foster self-compassion.
- Mapping out the addiction: identifying triggers, creating safeguards, and relapse management.
- Intro to the Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT) approach
Please email email@example.com for assistance with group registrations, or if you wish to use an alternative payment method. Group discounts and student discounts are available on a case-by-case basis.
NOTE: This course involves a significant amount of group work. If you are apprehensive about the idea of group work due to social anxiety or any other concern, please notify us. We would be happy to accommodate you as best we can.